Thursday, March 4, 2010

Short and sweet....maybe

Just a quick update. I was able to get my CT scan done today. I thought they were doing it without the iodine contrast but apparently I was wrong. I had to have the contrast done and it didn't seem to bother me to much until I picked Eric up from school. By the time I got him I was exhausted. I was able to get Tyler to nap and Eric to rest so I caught a little bit of sleep but got hit by nausea as well. Not fun but what can you do. Tonight within the past 1/2 hour I've notice my neck is pretty stiff again and my throat is hurting along with my ears. I'm praying that I'm not having another flare up. Hopefully it is just another reaction to the iodine dye and I'll feel better in the morning.

Funny story about my CT scan. After all the hoopla of getting approved (which finally happened thankfully) for my scan I show up for my appointment and there is no electricity. Great. This is all over that section of town and parts of the 2 neighboring towns as well. The lady at the imaging center said they were told it would be on by 12:30pm. My appointment was at 10am. I went ahead and signed in and made a few phone calls to let my babysitters know I would be late and then sat down to wait. I decided to pray. I figured maybe God needed a reminder that He was capable of turning the electricity back on for us early. Haha! So I'm praying for less then a minute asking Him to help get the electricity going. I get up to make a phone call and on comes the power! Yay! :)

The highlight of my day (besides Brian coming home from his trip) was getting to hang out with some friends tonight. I was really tired and in quite a bit of pain for it but it was so much fun! It was really nice to get out and act normal and do normal things. I've been doing normal things but everything has seemed like in a dream at this point so it was nice to do something that felt like reality. Thanks to my wonderful hubby who walked in the door tonight and just took over the kids. That was just incredible.

The plan for tomorrow is to go to the chiropractor (I look forward to that day every week), do some grocery shopping, go meet my surgeon and decide when my surgery will be, and finally but most importantly we are getting to have dinner with some new friends. Brian is going to cook so at least they will eat well. :) At my appointment tomorrow I'm hoping to get my CT scan results. If I do I'll be sure to post them.

My prayer for tonight as always is for complete healing. I'm also praying my scan results will come back good with no spread of the cancer. Also praying that my stiffness and pain is not another flare up. Another one is to just be able to enjoy dinner with our friends tomorrow night. Finally for God to continue using this to glorify Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment